The Western Sydney Wanderers will soon embark on their second Westfield FFA Cup Journey and will be looking to achieve success in their campaign.
The much anticipated draw for the Round of 32 of the Westfield FFA Cup 2015 will be held on Wednesday 1 July at 4pm (AEST) at Fox Sports HQ in Sydney which will be broadcast live and exclusive on Fox Sports News and also streamed online at www.foxsports.com.au and www.theffacup.com.au.
Since the nationwide competition kicked off in February with 648 entrants, the field has been trimmed to 48, with the final Preliminary Round matches taking place over the next 10 days.
In addition to the ten Hyundai A-League Clubs and the PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues 2014 Champions (MetroStars from FFSA), who have automatic qualification, 11 Member Federation clubs (Rockdale City Suns, Sydney United 58 FC, Sydney Olympic, Blacktown City, Balmain Tigers, Brisbane Strikers, Lions FC, FNQ Heat, South Hobart FC, South Melbourne FC, Oakleigh Cannons FC) have already booked their place into the Round of 32.
Over the next 10 days the remaining 10 clubs to take part in the Round of 32 will be determined.
- The Capital Football representative will be known tomorrow (Saturday 20 June) when Belconnen United face-off against Gungahlin United at McKellar Park in the ACT.
- On the same weekend (20-21 June) the two Football West clubs will be determined when the winners of Bayswater City Soccer Club v Sorrento Football Club and Perth Soccer Club v Gwelup Croatia Soccer Club will progress.
- In Northern NSW the final 8 clubs; Jesmond FC, West Wallsend SFC, Valentine FC, Adamstown Rosebud FC, Coffs City United FC , Edgeworth FC, South Armidale United FC and Broadmeadow Magic FC will play-off over two days (20-21 June) for their 2 slots.
- Mid-week next week (23 & 24 June), the winners of Heidelberg United FC v Goulburn Valley Suns FC and Hume City FC v Kingston City FC will join South Melbourne FC and Oakleigh Cannons FC as the Football Federation Victoria representatives in the Round of 32
- Queensland’s Palm Beach Sharks will be keeping an eye on tomorrow evenings match between Noosa Lions FC and United Warriors FC as they will host the winner on Saturday 27 June on the Gold Coast for Football Queensland’s final berth.
- Football Federation Northern Territory will learn who will be the Top End’s inaugural Westfield FFA Cup representative club in the Round of 32 on Saturday 27 June when Darwin Olympic SC host Celtic FC/Scorpions from Alice Springs.
- The last slot in the Round of 32 Westfield FFA Cup will be determined in Adelaide on Sunday 28 June when Adelaide City meet Croydon Kings with the winner representing Football Federation South Australia.
For all the latest news, fixtures and results from the Westfield FFA Cup, please visit www.theffacup.com.au