During the month of April, Herbalife Nutrition will be releasing weekly recipes you can create from ingredients in your kitchen.
Week One - Southwest Sirlion Steak Salad
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ tbsp Olive oil
- ½ cup sliced red or green capsicum
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 4 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained
- ¼ avocado, diced
- 85g grilled sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- Pre-prepared tomato salsa to taste (desired amount)
In a small frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
When the oil is hot, add onions and capsicum and sauté 4-5 minutes until softened and caramelised.
Remove from heat and set aside. In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, black beans, corn, avocado, and salsa and mix well.
Top with steak and sautéed vegetables.
Week Two - Spicy Citrus Prawns
- 3 oranges
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into thin strips
- 600g large prawns, shelled and deveined
- ½ TSP salt
- ¼ TSP chilli flakes
- 3 white onions, chopped
Grate 1 teaspoon orange peel from one orange, then squeeze out ¼ cup orange juice and set aside.
Peel remaining oranges, slice, cut slices in half and set aside.
Heat a large frying pan over medium to high heat, then add oil.
When hot, add capsicum strips and sauté for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
Add prawns, salt, chilli flakes and orange juice, and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until prawns are opaque and cooked completely.
Remove from heat, stir in reserved orange slices, and scatter white onions on top.
Week Three - Green Protein Power Bowl
- 6 cups raw baby spinach
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp low-fat feta cheese
- Place spinach in a microwave-safe bowl that is large enough to contain the spinach
- Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Spread cottage cheese over the spinach, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Microwave on high for about two minutes, until spinach is wilted and cottage cheese is warm.
- In a small frying pan, heat the remaining teaspoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add eggs and cook until set on the bottom, then turn over and finish cooking until likeness.
- Place eggs on top of spinach-cottage cheese mixture, sprinkle with feta cheese.
Week Four - Chicken, Broccoli and Quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon-style mustard
- Pinch of Salt and pepper
- 6 cups of mixed leafy greens
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cooked and chilled
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, chilled
- 140g cooked chicken breast, thinly sliced
In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and salt and pepper.
Add the leafy greens, broccoli, quinoa and chicken and mix well.