Courtney Nevin and Mitchell Duke have taken out the Wanderers Medal for Player of the Year at this afternoon’s Wanderers Medal streamed online.
Nevin featured in every minute this season and was instrumental in the Wanderers Westfield W-League team’s record-breaking year.
The defender was voted by her fellow peers as the winner of the Wanderers Medal, capping off what has been an incredible two seasons at the club for the Young Matilda.
Former Hyundai A-League captain Mitchell Duke was named the Hyundai A-League team’s winner of the Wanderers Medal for Player of the Year, as well as the Members Player of the Year and Golden Boot winner.
Westfield W-League Golden Boot winner Kristen Hamilton was also named the Members’ Player of the Year, wrapping up a memorable first season in Western Sydney for the US International.
Hamilton broke a number of records during her time at the Wanderers including the most goals scored in a single season and the club’s very first hattrick.
Young gun Mohamed Al-Taay was named the club’s Foxtel Y-League Player of the Year.
It was another strong season for defender who more recently is the captain of the Wanderers National Premier League 1 first grade side
Other award winners included Luke David who was named Powerchair Player of the Year, while Linda Cerone was awarded the Wandercrew Volunteer of the Year award.
Western Sydney Wanderers CEO John Tsatsimas congratulated the winners.
“While this was our first Wanderers Medal that we could not share with our partners and players, I want congratulate each winner for their efforts with us this season and thank them for the contribution made to our club,” said Tsatsimas.
“No matter what, we will continue to work hard to improve next season and ensure that all teams of this club can be successful for our wonderful members, partners and fans.”
Full list of award winners:
- Hyundai A-League Player of the Year presented by JD Sports: Mitchell Duke
- Westfield W-League Player of the Year presented by Intermain: Courtney Nevin
- Hyundai A-League Members’ Player of the Year presented by The Coffee Emporium: Mitchell Duke
- Westfield W-League Members’ Player of the Year presented by The Coffee Emporium: Kristen Hamilton
- Foxtel Y-League Player of the Year: Mohamed Al-Taay
- Powerchair Player of the Year presented by Aruma: Luke David
- Hyundai A-League Golden Boot presented by Nike: Mitchell Duke
- Westfield W-League Golden Boot presented by Nike: Kristen Hamilton
- Wandercrew Volunteer of the Year presented by Centuria: Linda Cerone