The 1st of February is fast approaching which means the Western Sydney Wanderers School of the Year competition is close to kicking-off!
After Wallacia Public School took out the inaugural title in 2015, School of the Year is back and this time there’s more fantastic rewards on offer for your school.
School of the Year works on a system where the actions of students, teachers, parents and guardians are rewarded with points. After registering for your own individual profile, points are achieved through completing various challenges.
Although there are several weekly prizes distributed throughout the competition, the school that earns the most points over the set period of time will be crowned Wanderers School of the Year and be invited to host a Wanderers football expo at your school with all our teams in attendance.
The School of the Year competition will run from Monday 1 February 2016 through to Sunday 28 August 2016. Major prize dates will be confirmed and announced in July.
HOW TO REGISTER
You can register your school by visiting wanderland.com.au/schooloftheyear . Don’t forget to create your own profile and start earning points on 1 February at wswschooloftheyear.com.au
WHATS ON OFFER
There are four weekly prize packs to be given away, each valued at $1,000. The weekly prize pack includes the following:
- A free Wanderers Soccer in Schools clinic which includes two Wanderers community coaches and a 60 minute session covering three stations for a maximum of 60 students
- A football team pack which includes two Wanderers branded portable goals, 10 player bibs, 16 cones and four footballs
But the major prize is the ultimate money can’t buy experience: hosting a Wanderers football expo at your school to be held in September 2016 which includes:
- All Wanderers teams in attendance (Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel National Youth League and Powerchair)
- A mini Wanderland precinct with face painters, jumping castles, the Wanderers Official Merchandise van, penalty shoot-outs, soccer tennis, small sided games, Wanderers and partner co-branded signage and the NRMA skill tester
- We will also be giving away lucky door prizes on the day.