It's a Melbourne Cup-eve cracker to look forward to Monday night as the desperate Victory host the Wanderers at Etihad Stadium.
With Victory missing a number of key attacking stars and the visitors having a new coach installed this week, could Kevin Muscat’s side be a little vulnerable?
Here's all the key info and statistics you need to know ahead of this blockbuster clash.
- Melbourne Victory have lost only one of their last 11 Hyundai A-League games against the Wanderers (W7, D3), and are undefeated in their last five meetings (W3, D2). They are also unbeaten in four games at Etihad Stadium against the Red and Black.
- The Wanderers have drawn their last three games, never before in their Hyundai A-League history have they gone three matches without a win or a loss.
- Victory have contested 499 duels this season, the most of any team in the Hyundai A-League.
- The Wanderers have scored six goals in the first half of games this Hyundai A-League season, no side has managed more in the competition.
- Victory defender Rhys Williams has made 16 tackles so far this season, the second-most of any player in the Hyundai A-League behind Melbourne City’s Stefan Mauk (18).
- Wanderers defender Brendan Hamill is the only defender this Hyundai A-League season to have both scored and assisted a goal.
- Brendon Santalab has made a habit of scoring goals off the bench throughout his Hyundai A-League career, currently on 15 goals as a substitute. He’s just two off the all-time record held by former Roar and Adelaide star Henrique (17).
This article was originally published at: https://www.a-league.com.au/news/victory-v-wanderers-your-hyundai-a-league-stats-preview