Liam Reddy was shown a late red card as Western Sydney Wanderers and Perth Glory fought out a 1-1 draw at Spotless Stadium on Sunday.
An onrushing Reddy was dismissed for tripping Jaushua Sotirio as the forward advanced on goal, leaving Dino Djulbic to see out stoppage time as Glory's makeshift goalkeeper.
The visitors did enough to take out a point, although the result does little to enhance their Finals Series chances as they remain four points off the sixth-placed Wanderers.
Xavi Torres' penalty earlier cancelled out Mark Bridge's first-half opener, with both goals scored in the space of three minutes.
Kenny Lowe's side, who lost Diego Castro to injury in the warm-up, are now winless in six away matches, while Western Sydney are unbeaten in seven at Spotless Stadium.
STORY OF THE GAME
- GOAL! Bridge gets the scoring underway with a well-taken finish in the 10th minute.
- GOAL! Glory immediately restore parity, Torres converting from the spot following Vedran Janjetovic's trip on Joel Chianese.
- SAVE: Janjetovic denies Andy Keogh at point-blank range after a neat set-up involving Jacob Italiano and Neil Kilkenny.
- CHANCE: Marcelo Carrusca dribbles by Reddy before his attempt from a tight angle is headed off the line by Djulbic.
- CHANCE: Chris Ikonomidis gets to the byline and finds Oriol Riera with a cut-back, but the striker can't beat Reddy.
- CLOSE! Ikonomidis' shot takes a touch on its way past the near post.
- CLOSE! On as a substitute, Adam Taggart nods a corner marginally wide.
- RED CARD! Djulbic is forced to don the gloves after Reddy is given his marching orders for denying Sotirio a clear path to goal in the 87th minute.
Mark Bridge, Western Sydney Wanderers 10': 1-0
Keanu Baccus' wayward shot breaks in the area for Bridge, who swivels and fires past Reddy on the turn.
Xavi Torres (p), Perth Glory 13: 1-1
Torres' reverse pass leads to Chianese being tripped by Janjetovic. The Spanish midfielder steps up and duly dispatches the spot-kick low to the left.