Opta Data have pulled out some fast facts ahead of the all Hyundai A-League Westfield FFA Cup Semi Final clash between Western Sydney Wanderers and Adelaide United tonight at Campbelltown Stadium.
- These two sides have met on 16 occasions in the Hyundai A-League with both teams winning five games each, with six matches ending in draws.
- There have been 39 goals scored across all fixtures with Wanderers netting 21 goals to Adelaide’s 18, with an average of 2.44 goals scored per game.
- Adelaide have not conceded a first half goal against the Wanderers in their last seven meetings.
HYUNDAI A-LEAGUE 2017/18 SEASON
- In the opening two Hyundai A-League fixtures this season, Wanderers have netted four goals to Adelaide’s three.
- WSW have attempted 23 shots with an accuracy of 43.5% while Adelaide are slightly less accurate having made 25 shots at 32%.
- Possession-heavy Wanderers have made 945 passes at an accuracy of 83.1% with Adelaide attempting considerably less with 801 passes at 73.7%.
- But Adelaide have dominated in the attacking third, playing 133 balls into the final third compared to Wanderers 95.
- The Reds have also knocked in 38 crosses into the box with Wanderers firing in just 15.
- Wanderers have conceded 4 goals in the opening two rounds while the Reds have shipped three goals.
- Western Sydney have a better tackling success rate with the Red and Black winning nearly 67% of their challenges compared to Adelaide’s 62%.